AMHA-OR - Membership
AMHA-Oregon is a not-for-profit Oregon corporation. It is a chapter of AMHA-USA. AMHA members include all licensed mental health disciplines.
The mission of the American Mental Health Alliance – USA is to support and market competent and ethical mental health services.
AMHA protects ethical practice, emphasizing the primary responsibility of the therapist to the patient rather than to any third party.
AMHA-Oregon was founded in 1995 in response to clinical and ethical concerns of mental health professionals. Third party payers and managed care companies had begun to re-define the field of mental heath, invade the privacy of people seeking services, limit payments for and access to public and private mental health services.
We invite students, interns and residents to associate membership.
We invite participation by non-profit and for-profit mental health clinics, agencies and facilities.
Leads you to the new member paperwork, application and disclosure forms. Also, Psychotherapist Directory participation contracts.
Attend regularly scheduled web training, educational networking lunch time events, membership meetings, peer consultation groups ... AMHA is a place to be active in your professional relationships.
Explanation of this new print directory project & contract form to participate.
Links to .pdf files of current & recent newsletters.
Peer consultation is a requirement and benefit of AMHA-OR membership.
- Requirements of AMHA-OR Owner-Membership
- State License for independent practice in a mental health discipline.
- Malpractice insurance in the amounts of 1,000,000 occurrence 3,000,000 aggregate.
- Payment of the membership enrollment fee of $600. Payment may be made over time.
- Approval by the Board of Directors of the candidate's Application for Membership.
- Members agree to AMHA-OR policies concerning ethical responsibilities to clients
- Members agree to accept By Laws and Policies adopted for AMHA-OR
- Participation in development and operation of AMHA-OR is a vital aspect of membership. This is a member-owner organization, not a passive 'panel.'
- Benefits to all AMHA-OR Owner-Members:
- Participation in member networking events.
- Member discounts for continuing education events.
- AMHA-OR Newsletter.
- Newsletter notices of your groups and workshops.
- On-line posting of your groups and workshops.
- On-line posting of your public information articles.
- Support for participation in peer consultation groups, a requirement of membership.
- Phone referral participation. (AMHA-OR advertises the availability of its phone referral service in numerous yellow page directories.)
- Participation in on-line advertising of AMHA Therapist Locator.
- www.AmericanMentalHealth.com Therapist Locator listing you can manage.
- Participation in member marketing events and activities.
- Support for development of your practice through public and professional presentations.
- Right to serve on AMHA-OR committees.
- Right to serve on the AMHA-OR Board of Directors if elected.
- Right to vote on all matters of business which come before members.
- Right to become a Full Marketing member.
- Right to purchase a personal website & hosting in the AMHA-USA network.
- Additional Benefits to AMHA-OR Full Marketing Members:
- Full page of practice promotion with your professional photo in AMHA-OR print directory updated and reprinted every six months. Each edition of 10,000 copies is distributed directly to referrers and the public.
- An enhanced web page on AmericanMentalHealth.com websites, access through the Therapist Locator and by your own domain pointing, with your photo, under your own management.
- You can display information about your practice, articles you write and links you select.
- Enhanced web pages have audio and video capacity and can be interactive with peer or public information.
- Your print directory page is linked to your AMHA-OR web page (.pdf) to print for referral distribution.
- Complete second web page on www.OregonCounseling.org with links to articles you submit.
- Encouragement and support to write public information articles for publication on both websites.
Responsibilities of all AMHA-OR Members
Complete Professional Information Questionnaire
Complete Membership Disclosure Statement
Provide copies of your license and insurance and of your renewals as they occur.
Complete data entry on AmericanMentalHealth.com.
Participation in Peer Consultation group
Participation in AMHA events, committees and marketing activities.
Responsibilities of Full Marketing Members
Complete Contract form for full marketing participation.
Learn to manage your web page on www.AmericanmentalHealth.com
Complete web site Professional Background Form for your www.OregonCounseling.org page.
Complete form for the print Directory, provide professional picture.
Offer a discount to clients referred through AMHA who pay at the time of service, and have no other paperwork requests than a receipt. The suggested discount is 20% of the fee for counseling/psychotherapy. Members do not discount groups or assessment services.
How to write for AMHA websites; why writing for AMHA websites can help your professional practice.
© 1998-2013 American Mental Health Alliance.